CareLine for Monday, October 23
We extend our sympathy to Brian Webber in the loss of his father, Guy Webber, who passed away Sunday. Arrangements are not known at this time.
We wish to congratulate Olivia Fowlkes, who was baptized Sunday evening. Olivia is the daughter of Brian & Meghan Richardson and Matthew Fowlkes.
We wish to congratulate Gracie Davis, who was baptized Sunday evening. Gracie is the daughter of John & Jennifer Davis.
Prayers are requested for:
- Sandy Mathis, (mother of Shawn Harmon) who has an appointment with a neurologist today
- Larry Garton, who responded Sunday morning to the invitation
- Ruby Williams, who is recovering at home
- June McCormack, who is recovering at home
- The family of Doyle Still, (friend of Julie Hicks) who passed away October 19
- Bob Giordano, who is having back issues and kidney stones and Bob’s mother Toni who has Bronchitis
- Jade Giordano, who has a foot injury
- Bryan Wheeler, (brother of Deanna Wheeler) who is going through a hard time
- Virginia Neil, (aunt of Susan Snow) who is in serious condition in Magnolia, Arkansas
Centennial Hospital: Boyd DeLoach (with a serious heart condition); G. E. McCormick
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
Perry County Hospital: Shirley Headrick (mother of Amy Brown)
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #338, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Mark your calendars for Walnut Street’s annual Trunk-or-Treat Outreach Saturday, October 28; trunks and treats are needed. Please begin bringing candy and treats to the church office.
Grocery lists for our upcoming Heart-Felt Food outreach event are available at the Information Booth.
Heart-Felt Food Sunday will take place on November 12. Plan on bringing the groceries you will be providing with you to worship that Sunday morning. We will fill the pulpit with an offering of food Sunday morning, November 12. Following our worship that evening, we will assemble boxes with the food you provide, which will be distributed as part of our Thanksgiving Outreach Dinner.
Invite your friends and family to our 5th Sunday Fall Celebration and add-a-dish meal to be held Sunday, October 29. Our speaker will be David Shannon, President of Freed-Hardeman University.
Please begin collecting new and gently used winter coats, hats and gloves for Walnut Street’s Annual Thanksgiving Outreach Dinner and coat give-away, to be held Saturday, November 18.
Make plans to attend “God’s Blueprint for the Home” Marriage Seminar, Friday, November 10 through Sunday, November 12 here at Walnut Street. Presenters are Dr. Mike Cravens and Dr. Roy Sharp.
Walnut Street’s Christian Childcare Center is taking applications for full-time and substitute positions. Please call 615-306-3175.
The Senior Ministry will enjoy an outing to the Catfish Kitchen on Thursday, November 9. Sign up in the Gathering Room.
Our One Word Devotional reading for today is: Lunch Is Sitting Heavy (pg. 262)
Today's Birthdays: Audrey Cunningham
Today's Anniversaries: None