CareLine for Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Prayers are requested for
- Rowena Shelton, who is not well
- Patricia Greene, (Ruby Williams sister) who has been diagnosed with cancer
- Jim Southerland, who is recovering from surgery
- Ava White, who will have a pacemaker replacement today
- Gary Holland, who is recovering from knee surgery
- Sherry Gulledge, who will have surgery soon
- Bill Sears, (brother-in-law of Pat, Peggy Sue Berry) who is awaiting heart surgery at St. Thomas Hospital
- Posetta Mayo, (wife of Ray Mayo) who requested prayers Sunday morning
- Cindy Leach, who requested prayers Sunday evening for strength
- John Myatt, (husband of Helen Myatt) who has been moved to Dickson County Nursing Home
- Frank Becker, who has returned home from the hospital
- Catherine Fleet, (sister of Jeanette Page) who is very ill
- Christine Walton, (friend of Peggy Bean) who has cancer
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #313, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Sign-up sheets will be at the Information Booth and circulated in the adult classes for the Heart-Felt Food Drive and Thanksgiving Outreach Dinner. Donations for Heart-Felt Food boxes will be collected in adult Bible Classes this Sunday, November 13. The cost for each box is $13.
Join us for tonight’s Wednesday Express Meal, beginning at 6 PM. The menu will be potato bar.
Please note that the Counseling Center’s phone is currently disabled. We are working to remedy the situation as soon as possible.
Volunteers are needed to assist in coordinating and organizing the coat give away for our annual Thanksgiving Outreach Dinner. If you are interested, please email Shawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Homebuilders group will host a weenie roast on Saturday, November 12 at 4 PM at the home of Joseph and Jamie Brown. Hot dogs will be provided. Please bring chips, drinks or dessert and a chair.
Walnut Street’s Christian Childcare Center is currently hiring for full-time and part-time positions. Please call 615-303-3175 if you are interested.
The Men’s Monday Evening Devo will be meeting the 2nd Monday of the month beginning November 14 at 6:30 PM.
Senior Ministry reserve your ticket to A Totally Awesome Christmas Carol at the Gas Light Theater (matinee) lunch & show Friday, December 2 at 12 PM; deadline to sign-up and pay is tonight!
Walking Through the Word: 1 Peter 2
Today’s Birthdays: Debbie Fuller, Sarah Woodard
Today’s Anniversaries: None
Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. 1 Peter 2:13-17