CareLine for Wednesday, May 24
We extend our sympathy to Lori Teal and family in the loss of her uncle Don Jenkins, who passed away Tuesday morning in Dublin, GA. Funeral services will be held at Townsend Brother Funeral Home at 2:00 PM on Friday in Dublin, GA.
We extend our sympathy to Myra Measells and family in the loss of her husband, Butch Measells, who passed away Friday. Funeral services were held Monday at Walnut Street.
Prayers are requested for
- Billy England, who is in St. Thomas West, Room #704
- Allen Stokes, who will undergo surgery on his leg Thursday at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
- Ruby Williams, who is recovering at home
- Chase Lewis, who has returned to Vanderbilt Hospital
- Joy Curd, (daughter-in-law of Lewis and Janice Curd) who is recovering at home
- Lillie Grigsby, who is undergoing tests
- Jamie Fisher, (mother of Marty Spann) who has pneumonia and has received a pacemaker
- Martha Wells, (friend of Candice Compton) who has breast cancer
- Wade Giordanio, who is having health issues
- Helen Lambert, (mother of Bud Lambert) who has returned home and will undergo further tests
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the track racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #338, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Young Men’s Leadership Camp and Young Ladies’ Spiritual Growth Day Camp will be held June 4-7. Applications are available at the Information Booth and must be returned to the church office by Sunday, May 28.
Please begin making plans for your next Open Door Meeting! Call your group members and decide on a meeting location, finger foods, and inviting someone new to your gathering. Discussion notes are available at the Information Booth. If you would like to know more information about Open Doors or would like to be put in a group please call the church office at 615-446-2909 or email Larry Snow at Lsnow@wscoc.com.
Bible Bowl preparation is about to begin for 2017! Interested in participating in Bible Bowl or volunteering to help with Bible Bowl? Sign-up sheets, text and CD’s are available at the Information Booth. See Joe Deweese for more information.
Walnut Street Child Care and the Church office will be closed Monday, May 29 in honor of Memorial Day. Thank you for your service!
The church pantry is in need of the following: crackers, green peas, canned fruit, and canned or instant potatoes.
Our One Word Devotional reading for today is: An Ageless Principle (pg.132)
Today’s Birthdays: Lisa Harris, Jason Baggett, Becky Cline, Meagan Spencer, Brandt Forrest, Charlie Blunt III,
Today’s Anniversaries: Patrick & Amanda Nicks