We extend our sympathy to Mark Horsley in the loss of his brother, Bernard Horsley. Burial will be in Ohio.
Congratulations to Kelli Flower who was baptized Sunday morning.
Congratulations to Ken Simms who was baptized Tuesday.
Prayers are requested for:
- Christine Hall, who is waiting for test results
- Christy Chester, who received good results from tests yesterday, no blockages
- Tate Lamastus, who is recovering from surgery
- Jackson Beasley, (grandson of Philip & Sherry Young) who will have a tonsillectomy and lung scope today
- Ray Barger, (father of Kim Long) who has returned home from the hospital
- Sharon Webster, who received a treatment yesterday for a blood disease
- Harris McCandless, (grandfather of Jennifer Street) who is dealing with severe pain
- Katie Lynch, (great-granddaughter of Eula Batey) who has E.coli
- Polly Patrick, (sister of Eula Batey) who will have surgery this week
- Angie Phillips, (daughter of Eula Batey) who is having health issues
Horizon Medical Center: Pete Graham, (skin infection, room 160)
Volunteers are needed this Saturday at 1 PM to help set up tables and chairs for our Great Day in May Fellowship Meal.
Tonight’s Wednesday Express Meal menu is: brisket, lima beans, roasted potatoes, rolls, cobbler. Dinner begins at 6 pm.
There will be a Young Adult Devotional on Sunday evening, May 17th at 5pm at the home of Ken & Christie Southerland. Please note there is no evening service that night, and devo will start at 5pm.
Leadership Camp and Young Ladies’ Spiritual Growth Camp applications are available at the information booth.
Mark your calendars for a Great Day in May on May 17th. We will have guest speakers in adult classes, an add-a-dish meal, and an early afternoon worship.
Walnut Street Christian Child Care has a position open for part-time employment. The hours are Monday/Wednesday from 7 am until 3 pm and Thursday/Friday from noon until 6 pm. Additional hours may be requested on an as needed basis.
Jim Williams has a job opening for someone to assist in cleaning the church building 10-15 hours per week. If you are interested in part-time employment, please call 615-351-3322.
Our “Going Deeper” Bible reading for today, May 13: 2 Samuel 11-12; 1 Chronicles 20
Today’s Birthdays: Thelma Ryland, Jack Baker, BJ Owen, Cissy Williams, Ryland Hand, Drew Williams, Laynie Davis
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“When the wife of Uriah heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she mourned for her husband. And when her mourning was over, David sent and brought her to his house, and she became his wife and bore him a son. But the thing that David had done displeased the Lord.”
2 Samuel 11:26-27