We wish to congratulate Brad & Lori Stokes on the birth of their son, Simon Bradley Stokes, who was born Thursday. Proud brother is JP Stokes. Proud grandparents are Chuck and Shelby Stokes.
Prayers are requested for:
- Bobby Prosser, who will undergo surgery on February 11th
- Ann Freeze, who will undergo surgery today at Centennial
- Mark Gooch and Pam Deak, who requested prayers on Sunday evening
- John Oliphant, who will undergo chemotherapy on Thursday
- Sharon Webster, who will undergo surgery today
- Kendall Harris, recovering at home (still waiting on test results)
- Eddie Deloach, (wife of Clarence Deloach) who has been placed on hospice care
- Mark Bean, (brother of Peggy Bean) whose cancer is in last stage
- William Hardee, (brother of Sherry Gulledge) who is experiencing health issues
- Joyce Owen, (aunt of Sherry Gulledge) who has cancer
- Jimmy Wayne Donaldson, (brother of Preston Donaldson) recovering from a stroke
Centennial Hospital: Janice Hutcheson (daughter of Ruby Barnhill, room 6112); Jean Martin (friend of Neal & Linda Williams, dialysis unit)
Horizon Medical Center: Alicia Daniel (room 101)
Select Specialty Hospital: Sean Moore (room 2512)
Stones River Hospital: Shirley Headrick (mother of Amy Brown)
Skyline Medical Center: Greg Glass, (brother of Katie Jones, room 508)
Elders, deacons, ministers and wives please R.S.V.P. to the church office by today dinner for the “Let the Church Grow” Seminar.
Please be reminded of our schedule for Sunday, February 7:
- 9 AM – Worship
- 10:15 – Bible class
- 11 AM – Add-a-dish meal
- Noon – Worship (there will be no 6 PM service)
Discussion notes for the Open Doors Group meetings can be found at the Information Booth. Groups that postponed their meetings due to weather can reschedule whenever it is convenient for them.
The young adult group will go bowling at the Bowl-O-Rena on Saturday, February 6 at 6 PM. Please let Chad or Mark know if you plan to attend.
The next DOTS outing will be held February 18 (6 PM) at the Front Porch (Italian buffet). Cost is $12 per person. Sign up in the Gathering Room through February 14.
The next Senior Ministry outing will be held at the Hummingbird on Thursday, February 11 at 6 PM. Sign up in the Gathering Room by February 7.
Walking Through The Word Bible reading for today: Matthew 24
Today’s Birthdays: Anthony Brown, Danny Cochran, Le Ann Galloway, Drew Reynolds, Al Denton
Today’s Anniversaries: Wendell & Loretta Morgan
“But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” Matthew 24:43-44