CareLine for Wednesday, April 26
We extend our sympathy to Norman Lampley and family in the loss of his brother, Al Lampley, who passed away Monday in Charlotte, NC. Funeral services will be held Friday at 11 AM in Belmont, NC.
Prayers are requested for
- Roy Burkhart, (father of Pam Baggett) who is undergoing tests at Centennial Hospital
- Ruby Reynolds, who has broken her wrist
- Cooper Fowlkes, who has a knee injury and will meet with a specialist on Monday
- Ruby Barnhill, who is having back problems
- O’dea Newsome, (sister of Gary Clardy) who has a tumor in her upper sinuses
- Janice Hutchison, (daughter of Ruby Barnhill) who will undergo surgery
- Tina Overton and John Green, (friends of Brian & Meghan Richardson) who are both sick
- Deanna Wheeler, who is having some health issues
- Martha Henson, (friend of Candice Compton) who started her chemo treatments Friday for breast cancer
- Dan Speer family, (friend of Candice Compton) who passed away in Pulaski, TN
- Melissa Tinsley, (co-worker of Peggy Bean) who has glaucoma
- Marilyn White and Christine Walton, (friends of Peggy Bean) who are battling cancer
- Odell Harris, (mother of Pamala Massie) who is recovering at home
Horizon Medical Center: John Myatt (husband of Helen Myatt; heart and kidney problems)
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the track racks
Shepherd Center: Chase & Sarah Lewis WFRC #514 (C/O Shepherd Center, 2020 Peachtree Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #338, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Our upcoming Friends and Family Day will be Sunday, April 30, 2017. Bud Lambert will be speaking at the 9 AM and Mid-Day services. There will be guest teachers for Bible classes at 10 AM and an Add-A-Dish lunch to follow in the Fellowship Hall at 11:15 AM.
All ladies are invited to a come-and-go bridal shower, honoring Emma Ragan, bride-elect of Frank Tatum on Sunday, May 7 from 1-2:30 PM in the Gathering Room. Emma is registered at Hodges, Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
If serving others is your desire, Saturday, April 29 is a date to remember. Bob Williams, our deacon for Saturday Samaritans, will lead us as we “Leave the Building” to serve needs in our community. If you would like to participate on this date, please let us know. Please call 446-2909 or email email@example.com. Thank you!
The Senior’s Ministry will participate in a service project to assist in sorting and organizing food donated in the US Postal Service Food Drive. This project will take place on Monday, May 1 from 1-3 PM at the Help Center. Sign up in the Gathering Room.
Mark your calendar for the upcoming Men’s Camp Out to be held on Friday, May 12. Sign up in the Gathering Room
Pals and students: mark your calendar for the College Secret Pal Reveal on Sunday, May 21.
Mark your calendar for the upcoming Annual Mother-Daughter banquet, to be held Tuesday, May 9. More details to come.
FHU Dickson is looking for a part-time housekeeper with 20 flexible hours. If interested, please contact Red McCaskill at 615-740-5531.
Our One Word Devotional reading for today is: On Your Way to Your Eternal Home (pg. 108)
Today’s Birthdays: Joy Adkins
Today’s Anniversaries: None