We extend our sympathy to Lori Whitaker in the loss of her mother-in-law, Mary Whitaker, who passed away Thursday. Funeral services were held yesterday at Taylor Funeral Home.
Prayers are requested for:
- Rob Cude, who will begin a new drug regimen this week
- Avery Shipman, (friend of Mark and Stephanie Gooch) who is in ICU at Monroe Carroll Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Juliet Smith, (mother of Michelle LeCompte) who is in poor health
- Jade Giordano, who suffered a fractured ankle
- Phyllis Senttingar, (cousin of Janice Curd) who has stage four cirrhosis of the liver
- Lorene Weaver, who has moved to Quality Care Nursing Home in Lebanon, TN
Horizon Medical Center: Virginia Petty, (room 106; short visits but no phone calls please); Aline Estes (rehab room #1); Sue Duke, (mother of Dale Duke, room 145)
NHC: Anita Porter (room 107); Mary Fowlkes (126A); Nelda Spencer (room 221; rehab); Jim Southerland (room 111)
St. Thomas Mid-Town: Elaine Yates (room 6329)
Vanderbilt Medical Center: Sean Moore (room 7609)
The Young Adult Group will meet in the Loft following evening services on Sunday, September 20 for the Open Doors Meeting.
Ladies Tuesday Night Bible class will resume this evening at 6:00 PM in the loft. They will be studying “Getting Rid of Self”.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Daniel 4-6
Today’s Birthdays: David Brogdon, Zach Fuller, Mandy Pewitt
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever, for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom endures from generation to generation; all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven
and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?” Daniel 4:34-35