CareLine for Tuesday, September 13, 2016
We extend our sympathy to Rocky and Laura Roberts in the loss of their son, Cameron Roberts, who passed away Thursday in North Carolina. Visitation will be held on Thursday, September 15 from 5-7 PM and funeral to follow at 7:00 PM at Generational Community Church on Stewart’s Ferry Pike.
Prayers are requested for
Janice Lampley, who will have foot surgery tomorrow
- Sue Buckner, who will undergo surgery today
- Sandy Clinton, who will undergo back surgery on September 20
- Pam Deak, who is experiencing kidney issues
- Marion Holland, who has been moved to NHC room 115B
- Bobby Brown, (brother of Wanda Wilkins) who has an aneurysm in his stomach
- Tommy Simpson, (brother of Sherry Gulledge) who is on dialysis
- Juliet Smith, (mother of Michelle LeCompte) who is very ill
- Leverne Fisher, (friend of many at Walnut Street) who suffered a stroke Sunday and is in Centennial Medical Center
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #328, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Food for Thought Business Lunch – today at noon; reminder for those that have signed up to attend. Speaker Ted Williams
Christian Living in the Senior Years Wednesday 4:00 class topic is Counseling Issues for Seniors; Speaker Bud Lambert.
Wednesday Express Meal – September 14; menu is lasagna, salad, rolls, dessert and drinks
Sign-up sheets will be available Wednesday evening for the upcoming Senior Ministry outing to the Storyteller Museum and Johnny Cash farm on Friday, September 23.
Be sure to sign up in the Gathering Room for the Men’s Breakfast, which will be held September 24 at 7 AM
Gift Card Shower honoring James & Janette (Perkins) Blashka on Thursday, September 15 from 7-8:30 PM. Gift card possibilities are Target, Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Home Depot. If you need to drop off your gift card, please bring it to the church office.
Walking Through the Word: 1 Thessalonians 1
Today’s Birthdays: JoAnne Brown, George Miller, Eloyce Reed (90)
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3