CareLine for Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Prayers are requested for
- Rowena Shelton, who is not well
- Patricia Greene, (Ruby Williams sister) who has been diagnosed with cancer
- Jim Southerland, who will have foot surgery today
- Ava White, who will have a pacemaker replacement on Wednesday
- Gary Holland, who is recovering from knee surgery
- Kendall Harris, who will have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon today regarding a knee injury
- Sherry Gulledge, who will have surgery soon
- Bill Sears, (brother-in-law of Pat, Peggy Sue Berry) who is awaiting heart surgery at St. Thomas Hospital
- Posetta Mayo, (wife of Ray Mayo) who requested prayers Sunday morning
- Cindy Leach, who requested prayers Sunday evening for strength
- Frank Becker, who has returned home from the hospital
- Catherine Fleet, (sister of Jeanette Page) who is very ill
- Christine Walton, (friend of Peggy Bean) who has cancer
Centennial Medical Center: John Myatt (husband of Helen Myatt)
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #313, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Reminder for those who signed up: November’s Food for Thought business lunch will be held today at noon.
Tomorrow night is our monthly Wednesday Express Meal, beginning at 6 PM. The menu will be potato bar.
Please note that the Counseling Center’s phone is currently disabled. We are working to remedy the situation as soon as possible.
Sign-up sheets will be at the Information Booth and circulated in the adult classes for the Heart-Felt Food Drive and Thanksgiving Outreach Dinner.
Volunteers are needed to assist in coordinating and organizing the coat give away for our annual Thanksgiving Outreach Dinner. If you are interested, please email Shawn at email@example.com.
The Homebuilders group will host a weenie roast on Saturday, November 12 at 4 PM at the home of Joseph and Jamie Brown. Hot dogs will be provided. Please bring chips, drinks or dessert and a chair.
Walnut Street’s Christian Childcare Center is currently hiring for full-time and part-time positions. Please call 615-303-3175 if you are interested.
The Men’s Monday Evening Devo will be meeting the 2nd Monday of the month beginning November 14 at 6:30 PM.
Senior Ministry reserve your ticket to A Totally Awesome Christmas Carol at the Gas Light Theater (matinee) lunch & show Friday, December 2 at 12 PM; deadline to sign-up is Wednesday, November 9.
Walking Through the Word: 1 Peter 1
Today’s Birthdays: Emily Bouldin, Sara Cagle, Pam Tummins, Bethany Moore
Today’s Anniversaries: Tommy & Judy Nicks, Jerry & Meagan Grosvenor
“In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 1:6-7