We extend our sympathy to Lori Giordano and family in the loss of her brother-in-law Terry Luther, who was killed in a hunting accident on Saturday.
We wish to congratulate Grant Smiley, who was baptized Monday evening. Grant is the son of Brad & Beth Smiley.
Congratulations to Roger “Peanut” Miles who was baptized Sunday Morning.
Prayers are requested for:
- Todd Ragan, who is recovering from surgery to remove a blockage
- Earl Denton, who has returned home from the hospital (no visitors at this time please)
- Chad Fussell, who has arrived safely in Manilla and will then travel to Tacloban, Philippines (returns on Tuesday, 11/24)
- Margaret Fielder, who is recovering at home
- Lyle Ferrell, who is returning to Olive Branch; recovering from a fall
- Kim Yates, (niece of Pamela Massie) who found out Friday she has cervical cancer
- Perry Turner, who did not receive good results from his last tests
- Jennifer Forde (sister of Landon Reynold’s fiancée) who has melanoma which has spread to her brain
Horizon Medical Center: Barbara Wellons (room 146, recovering from surgery)
Select Specialty Hospital: Sean Moore (room 2512)
If you would like to lead a song for the upcoming Thanks Singing, please contact the church office with your song title and selected verses by Monday, November 16. You can also email Lesa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walnut Street’s annual Heart-Felt food event will be held Sunday, November 15. Grocery lists and boxes are available at the Information Booth if you would like to box your own food. If you choose to box groceries yourself, please be sure to mark through UPC codes on all of the items.
Volunteer sign-up sheets for the annual Thanksgiving Outreach Meal are available at the Information Booth.
If you have borrowed any tables and chairs, please return them to the building. We have several upcoming events and they will be needed.
Reminder for those who signed up: the senior ministry outing to Joni’s Broadway of America will be held tonight at at 6 PM.
The Young Adult Group will have a “Friday the 13th” bonfire at the home of Paul & Belinda Cummings (Friday, 11/13) at 6 PM.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Luke 22; John 13
Today’s Birthdays: Frank Becker, Rob Cude, Bernice Goad, Jerry Smith
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.” John 13:12-14