Prayers are requested for:
- Marie Sawyer, who has returned home from the hospital
- Peyton Arnold, (friend of many at Walnut Street) who continues to battle an infection
- Ami Higgins, (daughter of Lewis & Janice Curd) who will undergo surgery on March 9
- Terry Deak, who will undergo cataract surgery tomorrow
- Mary Vineyard, (mother of Del Vineyard) who is recovering at home
- Sharon Webster, who is experiencing complications following surgery
VA Medical Center: Sean Moore (3 North)
New Member Lunch and Walnut Street 101 Sunday, March 6. Please RSVP to the church office by March 2 (446-2909) if you plan to attend.
Walnut Street’s Christian Child Care Center is taking applications for part-time assistant positions and substitutes. There is a possibility for full-time hours as well. Please call Allyson Harmon at (615) 306-3175 for more information.
Ladies, be sure to sign up for Walnut Street’s upcoming Ladies’ Day to be held Saturday, March 5! Robyn Lampley will present a lesson entitled “Counting All Joy; What the Bible Teaches about Adversity”. A sign-up sheet to bring brunch foods and to decorate a table can be found in the Gathering Room.
The young adult group will have dinner and a devotional at the home of Gwynn Kerns Sunday evening following worship service.
The FHU Associates will meet tonight at 7 PM in room 412.
Walking Through The Word Bible reading for today: Mark 15
Today’s Birthdays: Wayne Steed, Bobby Cathey, John Lampley, Don Emery, Garrett Kruse, Grant Kruse
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“Then the soldiers led Him away into the hall called Praetorium, and they called together the whole garrison. And they clothed Him with purple; and they twisted a crown of thorns, put it on His head, and began to salute Him, “Hail, King of the Jews!” Then they struck Him on the head with a reed and spat on Him; and bowing the knee, they worshiped Him. And when they had mocked Him, they took the purple off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him out to crucify Him. Mark 15: 16-20