Congratulations to Lyrin Trotter (daughter of Forrest & Alicia) and Garrett Billingsby (son of Mike & Laurie) who were baptized Sunday for the remission of sins.
Horizon Rehab: Odell Harris (mother of Pamela Massie, room #7)
Prayers are requested for:
- Maxine Duke, who will have surgery at Vanderbilt tomorrow to remove pulmonary scar tissue
- Peyton Arnold, (friend of many at Walnut Street) who has been discharged from the hospital
- Jay Keef, (brother of Jane Keef) who will have triple bypass surgery tomorrow
- Anita Porter, who has returned home from the hospital
- Our Philippine mission team – Allen, Chad, Ashley, Sheridan, Will, Jan, Walker, Evan, Patrick, Emma, Robert, Frank, Maria, Enoch, Jacob and Ted – who leave Thursday.
- Ray Barger, who received a pacemaker yesterday
- Billy Crosswhite, (stepfather of Robby Harmon) who is recovering from cancer surgery
Make plans to attend the Wednesday Express Meal on June 10th. The menu is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls.
The next Young Adult/College Devotional will be on June 21st at the home of Rob & Lesa Cude.
The Youth Group River Trip is scheduled for this Saturday. Meet at the building at 8 am. They will return at 5 pm.
The next CIA event is Fun in the Sun Day on Saturday June 27 from 1:00 to 3:30. We will be leaving from the office side parking lot. Bring a towel, YOU WILL GET WET!!!
Bible Bowl preparation has begun for 2015! As we do each year, 1st-6th grades are studying the selected text (1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon) in their Sunday and Wednesday Bible classes this Sunday. Watch the Edifier for upcoming Bible Bowl related events. This Sunday’s study session will be over 1 Thess. 2-3.
The American Red Cross will have a blood drive in Fellowship Hall on Thursday from 11 am until 4 pm.
The Shut-in Visitation Team will meet Sunday evening at 7 in 406.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Proverbs 19-21
Today’s Birthdays: Brenda Burgess, Phil Hall, Peggy Bloechl, Steve Murrell, Ben Corlew
Today’s Anniversaries: Joe & Barbara Hughes (53); Milton & Joan Williams
“Wine is a mocker, Strong drink is a brawler, And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.” Proverbs 20:1