Congratulations to Arie Weeda who was baptized into Christ Sunday morning.
We extend our sympathy to Lynne Fussell and family in the loss of her husband, Clyde Fussell, who passed away Saturday. Funeral services were held yesterday at Dickson Funeral Home. Mr. Clyde worshipped at Walnut Street his entire life.
We also extend our sympathy to Will and Julie Hicks in the loss of his mother, Barbara Hicks. Visitation will be held today from 10 until the time of her service at 11 am at Walnut Street Church of Christ. She was a member here for 49 years.
Prayers are requested for:
- Jay Keef, (brother of Jane Keef) who has lung cancer, will undergo testing this week
- Renee Badon, who will undergo surgery at St. Thomas Mid-Town on June 24
- Our Philippine mission team who are arriving home today – Allen, Chad, Ashley, Sheridan, Will, Jan, Walker, Evan, Patrick, Emma, Robert, Frank, Maria, Enoch, Jacob and Ted.
- Aaron Zuller, who is in Japan on a mission trip
- Maxine Duke, who has returned home from the hospital
Centennial Medical Center: Anita Porter (room 7125)
Other Announcements:The Senior Ministry is planning an outing to Patti’s Settlement in Grand Rapids, KY on Friday, June 26. The bus will leave the parking lot at 10 AM. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, June 24.
Mark your calendars for the annual ice cream fellowship on Sunday, July 5th in Fellowship Hall. Please bring your favorite homemade ice cream or favorite cookie!The next CIA event is Fun in the Sun Day on Saturday, June 27, from 1:00 to 3:30. We will be leaving from the office side parking lot. Bring a towel, YOU WILL GET WET!!!
The young adult/college group will go to Laser Quest on Saturday, June 27, and the Nashville Sounds game on Saturday, July 18. If you plan to attend, or need more information please contact Mark Gooch.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: 1 Kings 12-14
Today’s Birthdays: Jimmy Barber