We extend our sympathy to David Wall and family in the loss of his step-father, Hugh Baker, who passed away this morning. Funeral arrangements are not known at this time.
Prayers are requested for:
- Sharon Webster, who will undergo a blood treatment today
- Nancy Gordon, who will undergo an outpatient procedure on her back on Thursday
- Larry Garton, who is recovering at home
- Darlene Brown, who is recovering at home
- Debbie Beasley Meacham, (Barbara Beasley’s sister) who received great news about the blood clot in her leg
- Wayne Clark, (brother-in-law of Neal Williams)who has stage 4 cancer
- Chris Walker, (son-in-law of Philip & Peggy Bloechl) who is experiencing difficulties, active duty military
- Mark Bean, (brother of Peggy Bean) who will begin experimental chemo treatment tomorrow
Select Specialty Hospital: Sean Moore (room 2512)
Vanderbilt Hospital: Geraldine Tidwell (room 6228)
NHC: Barbara Wellons (room 119A), Janice Hutchinson (daughter of Rudy Barnhill room 115B)
Wednesday, December 9th at 6:00 PM will be a Wednesday Express Meal, the menu will be Chili, hot dogs, dessert and a drink for $5.00 per person or $ 18.00 maximum per family.
In addition to our regular contribution, there will be a Special Contribution on Sunday, December 6th to assist Eastern European Missions place Bibles in schools in the Ukraine.
The next Young Adult Devo will be after the evening service on Sunday, December 6th at the home of Joe and Mary Beth Purvine.
The Young Adult Christmas Party will be at the Renaissance Center on Sunday, December 20th, 11:30-1:30. Lunch will be served. Please RSVP by Monday, December 14th.
The CIA Christmas party will be Sunday, December 13 from 1:30 to 3 PM in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring a $5-$7 gift (unwrapped). There will be games and refreshments.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: 1 Corinthians 9-11
Today’s Birthdays: Dorothy Few (89), Mary Wills
Today’s Anniversaries: Robert & Juanita Mitchell, Phil & Sandra Turbeville
“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. 1 Corinthians 10:23-24