CareLine for Tuesday, August 8
We extend our sympathy to J.C. Tidwell and Snow Tidwell in the loss of their brother, Oda Tidwell, who passed away Monday. Visitation will be held Wednesday from 4-8 PM at Taylor Funeral Home and Thursday from 10 AM until the time of the funeral service at 1 PM at New Bethel Methodist Church.
We wish to congratulate Makenzie Herrell who was baptized Sunday evening. Makenzie is the daughter of Steven & Amelia Rickenbaugh.
Prayers are requested for
- Zachary Scruggs, who is in Vanderbilt Hospital (room # 7301) with a high fever and a UTI
- Evelyn Adkins, who is recovering at home
- Anthony & Laurie Rozanna, (friend of Candice Compton) whose son, Ryan Rozanna passed away last week from a seizure.
- Thomas Petty, (brother of Dorothy Few) who has cancer
- Ruby Barnhill, who is having back problems
- James Ayers, Dorothy Harness, Peggy Watson, who have requested prayers for strength
- Connie Harris, who starts cancer treatment today
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #338, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Come and enjoy a Wednesday Express Meal August 9 at 6 PM. Mr. Norman is grilling! On the menu is grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and the fixings.
If you purchased a ticket for the upcoming Men’s Night at the Sounds Game, please find Jerry Massie Wednesday to get your ticket.
Walnut Street’s Christian Child Care is accepting applications for the following: part-time floater (20 hours), part-time afternoons (15-20 hours), substitutes (varies). Please contact Allyson at 615-306-3175 for more information about these positions.
The Wednesday morning ladies’ class led by Judy Hinson will resume on September 6 in room 406. All ladies are invited!
Make plans to support Jonah & Emory Marlin at the 8th annual Golf Fore a Cure golf tournament on Friday, September 8th at Greystone Golf Club. If you would like to sign up to play or be a sponsor, contact Terry Marlin at 615-604-7906. Fight DMD!
Our One Word Devotional reading for today is: Repenting in Change (pg.197)
Today’s Birthdays: Pat Berry, Carolyn Gray, Martha Owen, Veronica Fors, Eula Tidwell (93)
Today’s Anniversaries: Mark & Calie Jackson