CareLine for Tuesday, August 16, 2016
We extend our sympathy to Dorothy Few and family in the loss of her sister, Margie Cochran, who passed away yesterday. Visitation will be held today from 4-8 PM and funeral services will be held Wednesday at 11 at Spann Funeral Home.
We extend our sympathy to Larry and Susan Snow in the loss of Susan’s mother, Lucille Porter, who passed away Tuesday. A graveside service was held Monday at Crestview Cemetery in Gallatin, TN.
Prayers are requested for
- Sherrie Spencer, who will have knee replacement surgery next Monday at Williamson Medical Center
- Ray Mayo, who responded to the invitation and requested prayer Sunday evening
- Jim Southerland, who is recovering at home
- Patrick Cowan, (brother of Penny Langston) who has returned home from the hospital
- Pete Graham, who is recovering at home
- Greg Keele, who will undergo hip replacement surgery Thursday, August 18th, at St. Thomas Specialty surgery
- Mary Vineyard, (mother of Del Vineyard) who has been moved to NHC Place at the Trace in Nashville, TN
- Wilma McLaughlin, who is recovering at home
- Shayn Roby, (friend of Candice Compton) who has a heart aneurysm
- Harley Watts, (friend of Marsha Dickerson) who has stage 4 cancer
NHC: please see long-term prayer list
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #328, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
All ladies are invited to a come-and-go bridal shower honoring Kira Moore Morphis this evening from 7-8:30 PM in the Gathering Room. Kira is the granddaughter of LuElla Lewis.
College students, turn in your information sheets to Kim Long before leaving for school. Information sheets can be found at the Information Booth. Pals are needed! Please sign up to be a Pal to a college student by signing up at the Information Booth or contact Kim Long.
The Senior Ministry is planning a trip to Readyville Mill, in Readymill, TN on Friday, August 19. The bus will leave at 10:30 AM. Sign up in the in the Gathering Room or see Ray Barger.
Churches of Christ Disaster Relief will be packing food boxes tomorrow at 10 AM. Volunteers are requested.
All men are invited to Men’s Rec Night on Thursday, August 18 from 7-9 PM.
Men’s Night Out at the Sounds Game, Tuesday, August 30 for those signed up to attend.
Walking Through the Word: Galatians 1
Today’s Birthdays: Penny Powlas
Today’s Anniversaries: Jerry & Pamela Massie
“For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.” Galatians 1:10