Congratulations to Jean Marie Anderson who was baptized Sunday for the remission of sins.
We extend our sympathy to Kirk Davidson and family in the loss of his uncle, Edgar Davidson, who passed away Saturday. Visitation will be held today from 1-8 PM and funeral services will be held tomorrow at 11 AM at Taylor Funeral Home.
Prayers are requested for:
- Kelly Duran, who will begin chemotherapy on August 17
- Johnny Oliphant, who will see an oncologist today
- Peggy Roberts, (sister of Janie Jones), who met with oncologists yesterday
- Steve Jordan, who requested prayers Sunday morning
- Margie Cochran, who has been discharged from the hospital
- Geraldine Tidwell, who is having breathing issues
- Christine Hall, who is meeting with an oncologist tomorrow
- Helen Myatt, who is undergoing tests
- Bud McEwen (brother of Mary England) who is undergoing radiation treatment for lung cancer
- Michelle LeCompte’s mother who is in the hospital
- Joyce DeArmond, (mother of Cindy Faircloth) who has stage 4 cirrhosis
Horizon Medical Center: Vonita Gray (room 116, irregular heart beat); Mary Bates (ICU, awaiting surgery)
Select Specialty: Sean Moore (room 3514)
Just a reminder for anyone who ran out of time or would like to give additional input on yesterday’s survey, you may go to the following URL to complete the survey online….
Youth Group Girls’ Night Out will be held tonight in the Loft from 7 until 8:30 pm. We will be cooking in the main church kitchen.
The next College Age/Young Adult Devo will be after evening service on Sunday, August 16th, at the home of Jeremy and Holly Spencer.
Make plans to join us for the Wednesday Express Meal on August 12th. Menu includes hamburgers, baked beans, chips and dessert.
Golfers, make plans to participate in the annual Golf Fore a CURE event on FRIDAY, September 18. Look for more information in this week’s bulletin.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Jeremiah 14-17
Today’s Birthdays: Ethan Henley
Today’s Anniversary: None
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8