CareLine for Thursday, September 15, 2016
We extend our sympathy to Trent Cunningham in the loss of his grandmother, Melba Litton Cunningham. A graveside service will be held this morning at 11:30 at Memorial Gardens.
We extend our sympathy to Rocky and Laura Roberts in the loss of their son, Cameron Roberts, who passed away Thursday in North Carolina. Visitation will be held today from 5-7 PM and funeral to follow at 7:00 PM at Generational Community Church on Stewart’s Ferry Pike.
Prayers are requested for
- Janice Lampley, who is recovering from foot surgery
- Sue Buckner, whose surgery went well, waiting for test results
- Sandy Clinton, who will undergo back surgery on September 20
- Pam Deak, who is experiencing kidney issues
- Marion Holland, who has been moved to NHC room 115B
- Joyce Baker, who is recovering from back surgery
- Robbie Oliphant, who is recovering from shoulder surgery
- John Oliphant, who continues to undergo chemotherapy
- Clara Schreiber, (mother of Robbie Oliphant) who is in Southern Hills Medical Center
- Bobby Brown, (brother of Wanda Wilkins) who has an aneurysm in his stomach
- Tommy Simpson, (brother of Sherry Gulledge) who is on dialysis
- Juliet Smith, (mother of Michelle LeCompte) who is very ill
- Leverne Fisher, (friend of many at Walnut Street) who suffered a stroke; has been transferred to Horizon Rehab
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #328, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
All men are invited to Men’s Rec Night, Thursday, September 29 from 7-9 PM.
Sign-up sheets are available in the Gathering Room for the upcoming Senior Ministry outing to the Storyteller Museum and Johnny Cash farm on Friday, September 23.
Be sure to sign up in the Gathering Room for the Men’s Breakfast, which will be held September 24 at 7 AM
Gift Card Shower honoring James & Janette (Perkins) Blashka tonight from 7-8:30 PM. Gift card possibilities are Target, Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Home Depot. If you need to drop off your gift card, please bring it to the church office.
Walking Through the Word: 1 Thessalonians 3
Today’s Birthdays: David Brogdon, Zach Fuller, Mandy Pewitt, Dustin Speight
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and has brought us the good news of your faith and love and reported that you always remember us kindly and long to see us, as we long to see you— for this reason, brothers, in all our distress and affliction we have been comforted about you through your faith.” 1 Thessalonians 3:6-7