CareLine for Thursday, August 31, 2016
We wish to congratulate Spencer & Bethany Moore on the birth of their son, Phillip Richard Moore who was born Saturday. Proud great grandparents are Bobby & Bettye Prosser.
We wish to congratulate Bruce & Kristen Wieseltier, who were baptized Tuesday evening.
We extend our sympathy to Sean Moore and family in the loss of his aunt.
We extend our sympathy to Peggy Bean and family in the loss of her brother, Mark Bean. Visitation will be held today at 2:00 PM and funeral service at 3:30 PM at Taylor Funeral Home.
Prayers are requested for
- Roland Roberts, (Rachel Corlew’s father) who is in ICU after an aneurysm and wreck (in Huntsville, AL)
- Evelyn Adkins, who received great news on her tests
- Sharon Webster, who had a treatment on Monday
- Christy Perry, (sister of Marty Spann) who is undergoing treatment for cancer
- Diana Wheeler, who requested prayer Sunday evening
- Sue Buckner, who is recovering at home from surgery
- Hazel Lyell, who has been placed under hospice care
- Dennie Spann, (father of Bunnie Cherry & Spook Spann) who has started cancer treatments
- Sandra Whittinghill, who is home recovering from knee replacement surgery
- Pam Deak, who has requested encouragement
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #328, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Make plans to support Jonah & Emory Marlin at the 8th annual Golf Fore a Cure golf tournament tomorrow at Greystone Golf Club. For more information contact Terry Marlin at 615-604-7906.
Men’s Rec Night – Tonight from 7-9 PM in the Fellowship Hall – Join in the fun!!
Ladies Tuesday Evening Bible study will be held starting on September 6th from 6-7:30 PM in room 406; topic The Barnabas Factor: Realize Your Encouragement Potential.
Food For Thought Business Lunch – Tuesday, September 13 at noon; RSVP by Friday, September 9; speaker Ted Williams
Gift Card Shower honoring James & Jeanette (Perkins) Blashka on Thursday, September 15 from 7-8:30 PM (check The Edifer for gift card possibilities)
In preparation for the Bible Bowl on September 10, we are in need of donations of bottled water, fruit (apples, bananas, grapes, small oranges, etc.), small bags of chips, and cookies. Please bring your donations to the kitchen by Thursday, September 8. Thank you
Walking Through the Word: Philippians 1
Today’s Birthdays: Bernadette Bullington, John Fowlkes, Cade Purvine, Tucker Purvine, Perry Turner
Today’s Anniversaries: Danny & Angie Donegan
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment; so that ye may approve the things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and void of offence unto the day of Christ; being filled with thefruits of righteousness, which are through Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.