We extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Roberta Edwards, who was a missionary and children’s home director in Haiti.
Prayers are requested for:
- Elaine Yates, who is recovering at home
- Geraldine Tidwell, who has returned home from the hospital
- Mary Bates, who has returned home from the hospital
- Bailey Davis, who has requested prayers
- Maxine Hardee, (mother of Sherry Gulledge) who is having difficulty with mobility
- Brayden King, (grandson of David and Kristy Wall) who is still having problems with kidney rejection
- Julie Hicks, who requested prayers Sunday morning
- Peggy Mullinicks, (sister-in-law of Kathy Holland) who is recovering from eye surgery
- Dayna Lott, who requested prayers for shoulder problems
- Wilma Dudley, who is recovering at home
Centennial Hospital: Louise Jones, (CCU 11, recovering from a stroke)
Horizon Medical Center: Randal Cochran, (son of Margie Cochran, Rehab 7)
NHC: Anita Porter (under hospice care)
Select Specialty Hospital: Sean Moore (room 2512)
St. Thomas Mid-Town: Mary Lou Hogue Jackson (mother of Tim Hogue and Marla Corlew, room 6120)
Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehab Hospital: Jonah Marlin (room 8421, hopes to go home today)
Reminder for those who signed up for the Senior Ministry outing to Discovery Park of America on Tuesday: the bus will leave our parking lot at 8 AM.
Walnut Street will honor all of Dickson’s emergency responders at a lunch to be held Thursday, October 22 from 11 AM to 1 PM in the fellowship hall. Be sure to stop by during those hours to tell them how much we appreciate their service to our community. Also, all Walnut Street members who are emergency personnel are asked to wear their uniforms to the morning worship service this Sunday, October 18.
The Home Builders group will be hosting a Weenie Roast and bonfire at the home of Joseph and Jamie Brown on Saturday, October 24th at 5:00 PM. RSVP on the Homebuilders Facebook page and contact Holly or Jeremy Spencer or the Browns for more information.
The CIA is hosting a weenie roast on Saturday, October 24 from 3:30-6:30 at the home of Randy and Bonnie Tidwell. A bus will leave the parking lot at 3:30, or parents can drive their children. Please see the sign-up sheet at the information booth.
Ladies, make plans to attend the upcoming Ladies’ Fall Fellowship on Friday, October 23. Sign-up sheets are available in the Gathering Room to attend and to bring soup or sandwiches.
Rachel Donegan will be providing flu shots today from 9-11 AM in room 406. No appointment is needed. Please bring your Medicare (part A or B) or other insurance card.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Matthew 8:14-34; Mark 4-5
Today’s Birthdays: Hunter Hardin
Today’s Anniversaries: None
He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?” And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?” Mark 4:40-41