CareLine for Thursday, November 3, 2016
Prayers are requested for
- Pete Graham, who is recovering from back surgery; will return to NHC for rehab
- Kendall Harris, who will have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon Tuesday regarding a knee injury
- Peggy Watson, Shane Fielder, and J. & Bekah Pass, who requested prayers Sunday morning
- Andy Street, who responded Sunday morning
- Evelyn Adkins, who is recovering at home, they have requested no visitors at this time
- Sandra Whittinghill, who is recovering from knee surgery at Centennial Hospital
- Posetta Mayo, (wife of Ray Mayo) who is recovering at home
- Allene Rial, (grandmother of Jennifer Davis and Bethany Wilkins) who is recovering from surgery to replace her pacemaker
- Oma Wells, (aunt of BJ Garton and Tina Littleton) who is in NHC with a fractured hip
- Marita Tidwell, (daughter of JC Tidwell) who will have surgery today
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #313, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Please note that the Counseling Center’s phone is currently disabled. We are working to remedy the situation as soon as possible.
Don’t forget, Daylight Savings time begins November 6
Be listening for an important announcement Sunday morning about our upcoming Heart-Felt Food Drive and Thanksgiving Outreach Dinner.
Volunteers are needed to assist in coordinating and organizing the coat give away for our annual Thanksgiving Outreach Dinner. If you are interested, please email Shawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Homebuilders group will host a weenie roast on Saturday, November 12 at 4 PM at the home of Joseph and Jamie Brown. Hot dogs will be provided. Please bring chips, drinks or dessert and a chair.
Don’t miss November’s Food for Thought business lunch, which will be held Tuesday, November 8 at noon. The deadline to sign up is this Friday.
The Room Inn Our Hearts Ministry will learn how to make sleeping mats out of plastic shopping bags on Monday, November 7 at 6:30 PM. These will be given to the homeless. Anyone interested is welcome to come. Toiletry bags will also be assembled that night at 6:15 PM. Look for more information about these two opportunities in Sunday’s Edifier.
Walnut Street’s Christian Childcare Center is currently hiring for full-time and part-time positions. Please call 615-303-3175 if you are interested.
Churches of Christ Disaster Relief is looking for volunteers to assist in packing and loading food boxes this Friday at 10 AM.
The Men’s Monday Evening Devo will be meeting the 2nd Monday of the month beginning November 14 at 6:30 PM.
Senior Ministry reserve your ticket to A Totally Awesome Christmas Carol at the Gas Light Theater (matinee) lunch & show Friday, December 2 at 12 PM; sign-up in the Gathering Room beginning Sunday.
Walking Through the Word: James 3
Today’s Birthdays: Melia Anderson, Carson McCord, Spencer Moore, Debbie Spurlock, Peyton Terry, Samual Wilkins
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.” James 3:16-18