CareLine for Thursday, March 9
We extend our sympathy to Aline Estes in the loss of her brother, Eugene Estes, who passed away Monday. Visitation will be held Friday from 4-8 PM, Saturday from 11 AM to 8 PM and Sunday from 10 AM to 2 PM at Spann Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held Sunday at 2 PM at Spann Funeral Home. He was the uncle of Ernie Marlin.
We extend our sympathy to Sherrie Turbeville in the loss of her uncle, Ray Stacey, who passed away Sunday. Funeral services will be held today at 11 AM at Dickson Funeral Home.
Prayers are requested for
- Chase Lewis, who has arrived at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta for rehabilitation; we will publish a room number and address as soon as it’s available
- Bill Caldwell, who has been moved to Alive Hospice in Nashville
- Lyle Farrell, who is in NHC room 108 (no visitors at this time please)
- Judy Choate, who received good results from recent tests
- Larry Carvell, who responded Sunday morning requesting prayers for self-control
- Ray Crouch, who has moved to Hillcrest Healthcare Center (111 East Pemberton Drive, Room 111, Ashland City, TN 37015)
- Sharon Webster, who will undergo tests on March 15
- Nell Hayes, (aunt of Karen Groves) who has serious health issues
- Estie Harris, (friend of Meagan Grosvenor) who is recovering from cancer surgery
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the track racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #313, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Reminder that Daylight Savings Time begins this Saturday. Turn your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed.
All ladies are invited to a come-and-go bridal shower honoring Rikki Mansolino, bride-elect of Ben Corlew on Saturday, March 18 from 9:30 to 11 in the Gathering Room. Rikki is registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond and Wal-Mart
Walnut Street’s next Open Doors group meeting is scheduled for this Sunday. Meeting notes will be available at the information booth.
On Friday, March 10 the Senior Ministry will travel to the West TN Agricultural Museum, the Trenton Teapot Museum and the Crenshaw Catfish Cookery (4:30 PM). The bus will leave the parking lot at 10:45 AM. Please eat lunch or bring a sack lunch.
The shut-in visitation team will meet Sunday evening after services to pick up cards and enjoy finger foods.
Join us on Tuesday, March 14 at noon for our next Food for Thought lunch. Enjoy a delicious meal prepared by Carol Heflin and her crew and hear an inspirational message by Bryan McAlister. The menu will be hamburger noodle bake, green salad and chocolate sheet cake. RSVP to the church office by Friday, March 10.
All 3rd-5th graders are invited to join the CIA Mystery Movie day on Sunday, March 12 from 1-3:15 PM in the Loft.
Please check the kitchen for dishes that may have been left or returned following a funeral meal. Dishes that are not picked up will be donated to the Help Center.
Our One Word Devotional reading for today is: Self-Control on a Cross (Matthew 26-27) pg. 67
Today’s Birthdays: Linda White, Del Vineyard, Prentiss Davis, Christy Chester
Today’s Anniversaries: Alan & Becky Ragan