We extend our sympathy to Lousie McElhiney and family in the loss of her husband, Ray McElhiney, who passed away Saturday at the age of 92. Funeral services were held yesterday at Taylor Funeral Home.
We extend our sympathy to the family of Marsha Hudgens, who passed away Sunday, January 17. Marsha attended Walnut Street for many years and was a dedicated volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.
Prayers are requested for:
- The family of Eli Erwin, (sophomore student at Nashville Christian), who passed away suddenly
- Nelda Spencer, who has returned to the Olive Branch
- Dorothy Carlucci, (mother of Jim Carlucci) who has been placed under hospice care
- Bobby Prosser, whose surgery was rescheduled
- Joyce Baker, who is having some issues with pain from her foot surgery
- Juliet Smith, (mother of Michelle LeCompte) who is very ill
- Don Russell, (brother of Cindy Leach) who has prostate cancer
- Darlene Donaldson, who continues to deal with a joint disorder
- Wright Nabors, who has returned home from the hospital
Centennial Hospital: Janice Hutcheson (daughter of Ruby Barnhill, room 6112)
Horizon Medical Center: Shirley Headrick, (mother of Amy Brown, ICU)
Select Specialty Hospital: Sean Moore (room 2512)
Tonight is Youth Basketball Night in the Fellowship Hall from 6-8:30 PM.
Discussion notes for the Open Doors Group meetings can be found at the Information Booth. Groups that postponed their meetings due to weather can reschedule whenever it is convenient for them.
The CIA movie day (postponed last Sunday) has been rescheduled for this Sunday, January 31 from 1:30 to 3:30 PM. Don’t forget your food donations for the food pantry.
The young adult group will go bowling at the Bowl-O-Rena on Saturday, February 6 at 6 PM. Please let Chad or Mark know if you plan to attend.
Chad Fussell and Tim Spann have arrived home safely from their mission trip to Kenya.
The next DOTS outing will be held February 18 (6 PM) at the Front Porch (Italian buffet). Cost is $12 per person. Sign up in the Gathering Room through February 14.
The next Senior Ministry outing will be held at the Hummingbird on Thursday, February 11 at 6 PM. Sing up in the Gathering Room by February 7.
Walking Through The Word Bible reading for today: Matthew 20
Today’s Birthdays: Anthony Curcio, Patrick Lynch
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:26-28