CareLine for Thursday, January 26
We extend our sympathy to Kay Gonzales in the loss of her father-in-law, Speedy Gonzales, who passed away Saturday. Funeral services were held yesterday at St. Christopher’s Catholic Church.
We wish to congratulate Jim & Lynette Carlucci on the birth of their grandson, Dominic Martin Carlucci, who was born Saturday. Proud parents are Adam and Tavia Carlucci. He is welcomed by big sisters Isabel and Ilyn.
We wish to congratulate Debbie and Randy Spurlock on the birth of their granddaughter, Abigail Jean Spurlock, who was born Monday. Proud parents are Jordan and Amber Spurlock. She is welcomed by big sister Madeline.
Prayers are requested for
- Aline Estes, who is recovering from surgery
- Linda Miller, who is recovering from shoulder surgery
- Larry Garton, who has returned home from the hospital
- Chad Fussell and Evan Radtke, who have arrived safely home from their mission trip
- Chase Lewis, who has returned home from the hospital (no visitors at this time please)
- Justin Walton, (friend of Joe & Rebecca Kelley) who suffered a head injury in a logging accident Tuesday
- Deanie Sears, (sister of Pat, Peggy and Sue Berry) who has returned to the Meadows
- Kenneth Stone, (father of Daniel Stone) who is in Horizon Medical Center with a kidney infection and Angie Tidwell (sister of Daniel Stone) who has heart and lung issues
- Beverly Hollis, (co-worker of Barbara Beasley) who has been undergoing cancer treatment and was recently diagnosed with another tumor
- Crystal Donaldson, who will have surgery today and Darlene Donaldson who will undergo heart tests on January 30
NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #313, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Invite your friends and family to hear Bud Lambert speak at our upcoming 5th Sunday, on January 29. Bud will speak at our 9 AM worship, 10:15 Bible class, as well as our noon worship service. Make plans to join us for a catered lunch at 11 AM. Please note that there will NOT be a 6 PM worship service.
Churches of Christ Disaster Relief is in need of volunteers to assist in packing and loading 1,500 family food boxes today at 10 AM.
Sign-up sheets are available for the Senior Ministry Italian buffet dinner at the Front Porch on Tuesday, February 14 at 6 PM. Cost is $12 per person.
Ladies, mark your calendars for the upcoming Ladies’ Retreat to be held February 3-4 at Camp Benson in Bon Aqua. Look for the sign-up sheet in the Gathering Room or email Shawn Harmon at Sharmon@wscoc.com. Deadline to sign up is Sunday, January 29.
You are invited to a Bridal Shower in honor of Chelsea Daniel, Bride-elect of Stephen Foust, Sunday, February 5 from 1:30-3 PM in the Gathering Room. Chelsea is the daughter of Foy & Cindy Gilliland and Gary Daniel. She is the granddaughter of Alicia Daniel. She is registered at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
Our One Word Devotional reading for today is: And the Award Goes to… (Exodus 7:14-11:19) page 31
Today’s Birthdays: Janice Curd, Sadie Greene
Today’s Anniversaries: John & Robyn Lampley