Congratulations to John Carney Nicks, who was baptized last night.
We extend our sympathy to the family of Mary B. Fowlkes, who passed away yesterday. Visitation will be held Friday from 11 until the time of the funeral at 2 PM at Taylor Funeral Home.
We extend our sympathy to Lee Marsh (former deacon at Walnut Street) and family in the loss of his wife, Ann Marsh, who passed away Monday. Visitation will be held Friday from 4-8 PM at Hillsboro Church of Christ. Funeral services will be held Saturday at 11 AM, also at Hillsboro Church of Christ.
Prayers are requested for:
- Wayne Steed, who has returned home from the hospital
- Chad Fussell and Tim Spann, who leave today for a mission trip to Kisii, Kenya with Chad Garrett and Dale Byrum. They are scheduled to return on Monday, January 25th.
- Christie Southerland, who requested prayers Sunday evening
- Candice Compton, who has been sick with sinus problems
- Dorothy Carlucci, (mother of Jim Carlucci) who has been placed under hospice care
- Darlene Donaldson, recovering from surgery
- Jimmy Wayne Donaldson, (brother of Preston Donaldson) who is recovering from a stroke
Horizon Medical Center: Melvin Yates (room 133); Ray Stacey (uncle of Sherry Turbeville, rehab room #5)
Select Specialty Hospital: Sean Moore (room 2512)
Ladies, don’t miss the upcoming Ladies’ Winter Fellowship on Friday, January 15 at 6 PM. Sign up in the Gathering Room.
Walking Through The Word Bible reading for today: Matthew 10
Today’s Birthdays: James Anderson, Joe Corlew, Beverly Gardner, Walker Purvine, Marilyn Woodard
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” Matthew 10:28