We wish to congratulate John and Kimberly Fowlkes on the birth of their grandson, Easton James Hoffman, on Thursday, February 18. Proud parents are Alex and Kara Hoffman.
Prayers are requested for:
- Peyton Arnold, (friend of many at Walnut Street) who continues to battle an infection
- Randy Spurlock, received good test results but will continue to undergo testing
- Larry Craddock, (friend and co-worker of Bob Williams) who is in ICU with a head injury
- Sharon Webster, who had a reaction to the wound care
- Chris Nelson, (nephew of Dan & Val Erranton) who is at home recovering from cancer surgery
- Ami Higgins, (daughter of Lewis & Janice Curd) who will undergo surgery on March 9
- Bobby Duke, (father of Cherie Welch) who is undergoing treatments for a form of Leukemia
- Brenda Roberts Crossno, (sister of Rocky Roberts) who is battling cancer
- Joyce Crownover, who is recovering from surgery (no calls or visitors please)
- Martha Runion, who is in rehab recovering from a broken hip
- Pam Deak, whose tests have been postponed due to shingles
- Terry Deak, who will undergo cataract surgery on Wednesday, March 2
Centennial Hospital: Ann Freeze (no visitors at this time please)
NHC: Alicia Daniel (room 118A), Nelda Spencer (room 112A)
VA Medical Center: Sean Moore (3 North)
Co-ed Softball sign-ups will be held this Sunday at 5:30 PM in room 406, for more information contact David Pippin.
Ladies, be sure to sign up for Walnut Street’s upcoming Ladies’ Day to be held Saturday, March 5! Robyn Lampley will present a lesson entitled “Counting All Joy; What the Bible Teaches about Adversity”. A sign-up sheet to bring brunch foods and to decorate a table can be found in the Gathering Room.
Habitat for Humanity is in need of a few volunteers for a project beginning on February 27. If you are interested in helping, contact Joe Deweese at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walking Through The Word Bible reading for today: Mark 12
Today’s Birthdays: Sara Cunningham, Granville Early (85), Sylvia Richardson (82), Kathy Wagner
Today’s Anniversaries: None
Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:29-31