We extend our sympathy to Pat James and family in the loss of her husband, Ed James. Visitation will be held today from 10 AM until the time of the funeral at 11 AM here at Walnut Street.
We extend our sympathy to Aline Estes in the loss of her sister, Rosa Mai Mitchell. Funeral services were held Monday at Taylor Funeral Home.
Congratulations to Michael Burgess who was baptized Friday evening for the remission of sins.
Prayers are requested for:
- David Pippin, who received good results from heart tests
- Sarah Roberts, who fell and broke her arm
- Vonita Gray, who fell and broke her foot
- Edgar Davidson, (uncle of Kirk Davidson) who has cancer and is on hospice care
- Peggy Roberts, (sister of Janie Jones), who will meet with oncologists on August 10
- Jim Southerland, (father of Ken Southerland) has been moved to NHC room 219
- The family of Mickey Martin (student at Nashville Christian, friend of the Perez family) who was killed in an accident
- Zachary Scruggs, who has had several seizures recently
- Pam Deak, who requested prayers
- Eric and Dayna Lott, who requested prayers
- Perry Turner, who is having issues with cancer treatments
Dickson Healthcare: Mary Miller (rehab)
Horizon Medical Center: Margie Cochran (room 107)
Select Specialty: Sean Moore (room 3514)
Make plans to join us for the Wednesday Express Meal on August 12th. Menu includes hamburgers, baked beans and chips.
This Sunday, there will be a devotional for 6th grades through college age at the home of Ted and Sharon Williams.
Golfers, make plans to participate in the annual Golf Fore a CURE event on FRIDAY, September 18. Look for more information in this week’s bulletin.
Joe Deweese will be interviewed on the PTL channel (channel 15 WGPD or channel 50) tomorrow at 10:30 AM. He will be discussing science and creation.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Zephaniah 1-3
Today’s Birthdays: Linda Overton, Allen Corlew, Cooper Ferebee
Today’s Anniversaries: Luther & Dean Byrd (60), Jim & Cindi Gray
“Be silent before the Lord God! For the day of the Lord is near; the Lord has prepared a sacrifice and consecrated his guests.” Zephaniah 1:7