We wish to congratulate John and Kimberly Fowlkes on the birth of their grandson, Easton James Hoffman, on Thursday, February 18. Proud parents are Alex and Kara Hoffman.
Prayers are requested for:
- Larry Craddock, (friend and co-worker of Bob Williams) who is in ICU with a head injury
- Sharon Webster, who had a reaction to the wound care
- Bobby Duke, (father of Cherie Welch) who is undergoing treatments for a form of Leukemia
- Pam Deak, who will undergo tests on Monday, February 29
- Terry Deak, who will undergo Cataract surgery on Wednesday, March 2
NHC: Alicia Daniel (room 118A), Nelda Spencer (room 112A)
Co-ed Softball sign-ups will be held Sunday, February 28th at 5:30 PM in room 406, for more information contact David Pippin.
All ladies are invited to a come-and-go baby shower honoring Marilyn Sensing on Tuesday, February 23 from 6:30-8 PM in the Gathering Room. She is registered at Target, Babies-R-Us and Wal-Mart. (It’s a boy)
Ladies, be sure to sign up for Walnut Street’s upcoming Ladies’ Day to be held Saturday, March 5! Robyn Lampley will present a lesson entitled “Counting All Joy; What the Bible Teaches about Adversity”. A sign-up sheet to bring brunch foods and to decorate a table can be found in the Gathering Room.
Habitat for Humanity is in need of a few volunteers for a project beginning on February 27. If you are interested in helping, contact Joe Deweese at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walking Through The Word Bible reading for today: Mark 9
Today’s Birthdays: None
Today’s Anniversaries: None
“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.