We wish to congratulate Marsha Hutsell and David Wolfe on the birth of their granddaughter, Lyla Kate Kuhns, who was born Wednesday. Proud parents are Jeff and Elizabeth Kuhns.
Congratulations to Sarah Nelson who was baptized Wednesday evening. Sarah is the niece of Val Erranton.
Prayers are requested for:
- Michelle Webber, (niece of Pamela Massie) who is recovering from surgery
- Cathy Dieter, (sister of Linda Acree) who is seriously ill
- Kelly Sesler, (niece of Pam Deak) who has blood clots in her lungs
- Virginia Petty, Elaine Yates and Sue Duke (mother of Dale Duke) who have all been discharged from the hospital
- Avery Shipman, (friend of Mark and Stephanie Gooch) who is in ICU at Monroe Carroll Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Juliet Smith, (mother of Michelle LeCompte) who is in poor health
- Jade Giordano, who suffered a fractured ankle
- Phyllis Senttingar, (cousin of Janice Curd) who has stage four cirrhosis of the liver
- Lorene Weaver, who has moved to Quality Care Nursing Home in Lebanon, TN
Horizon Medical Center: Margaret Williams (room 126); Aline Estes (rehab room #1)
NHC: Anita Porter (room 107); Mary Fowlkes (126A); Nelda Spencer (room 221; rehab); Jim Southerland (room 111)
Vanderbilt Medical Center: Sean Moore (room 7609)
Open Door Groups will meet this Sunday following evening services. A lesson will be available for you to pick up at the information booth. Do you have an opening in your group? If so, please call the church office. There is a Walnut Street family looking for a group to connect with.
The Young Adult Group will meet in the Loft following evening services on Sunday, September 20 for the Open Door Meeting.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Ezra 1-3
Today’s Birthdays: Ben Anderson, Tommy Fuson, Martha Hudson, Heather Buckner
Today’s Anniversaries: Robert & Laura Reid
Saturday’s Birthdays: Maggie Greene, Bethany Hagewood, Kim Nash, Marta Turbeville, Bob Williams
Saturday’s Anniversaries: None
Sunday’s Birthdays: Marsha Dickerson, Maci Street
Sunday’s Anniversaries: None
“And all the people shouted with a great shout when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.” Ezra 3:11