We extend our sympathy to Kelley Littleton in the loss of her grandmother, Mildred Jordan, who passed away Sunday. Her funeral was Wednesday at Dickson Funeral Home in White Bluff.
We extend our sympathy to Lori Giordano and family in the loss of her brother-in-law Terry Luther, who was killed in a hunting accident on Saturday.
We wish to congratulate Grant Smiley, who was baptized Monday evening. Grant is the son of Brad & Beth Smiley.
Congratulations to Roger “Peanut” Miles who was baptized Sunday Morning.
Prayers are requested for:
- Janet Bass, who will leave tomorrow for a mission trip to Guatemala; she will return the following Saturday
- Earl Denton, who has returned home from the hospital (no visitors at this time please)
- Chad Fussell, who has arrived safely in Tacloban, Philippines (returns on Tuesday, 11/24)
- Margaret Fielder, who is recovering at home
- Lyle Ferrell, who has returned to Olive Branch; recovering from a fall
- Kim Yates, (niece of Pamela Massie) who has been diagnosed cervical cancer
- Perry Turner, who did not receive good results from his last tests
- Debbie Meacham, (sister of Barbara Beasley) who has a blood clot in her leg
- Linda Menefee, (mother of Jana Curico) who has been placed under Hospice care
NHC: Barbara Wellons (room 102A)
Select Specialty Hospital: Sean Moore (room 2512)
If you would like to lead a song for the upcoming Thanks Singing, please contact the church office with your song title and selected verses by Monday, November 16. You can also email Lesa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walnut Street’s annual Heart-Felt food event will be held this Sunday, November 15. Grocery lists and boxes are available at the Information Booth if you would like to box your own food. If you choose to box groceries yourself, please be sure to mark through UPC codes on all of the items.
The Fellowship Ministry asks that you please check the kitchen for any dishes or containers that may have been left there. Any items not picked up will be donated to the Help Center.
The Young Adult Group will have a “Friday the 13th” bonfire at the home of Paul & Belinda Cummings (Friday, 11/13) at 6 PM.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Luke 23; John 18-19
Today’s Birthdays: Melissa Brown, Mary Burke, Sara Caudill, Evelyn Bouldin
Today’s Anniversaries: None
Saturday’s Birthdays: Rachel Corlew, Megan Lampley, Robert Martinez, Russell Tummins, Trent Cunningham, Bethany Brunett
Saturday’s Anniversaries: None
Sunday’s Birthdays: Emma Hickerson, Stacey Poole
Sunday’s Anniversaries: Frank & Edee Becker
“ After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst.” A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth. When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” John 19:28-30