CareLine for Friday, June 2
We wish to congratulate Jason & Desiree Baggett on the birth of their daughter, Maggie Kate Baggett, who was born yesterday. Proud grandparents are Steve and Pam Baggett. Proud great grandparents are Roy and Marie Burkhart.
We wish to congratulate Austin Williams, who was baptized May 18. Austin is the son of Cindy Williams and the grandson of Corky and Lillie Grigsby.
We wish to congratulate Jerry & Meagan Grosvenor on the birth of their daughter, Alexandra “Allie” Frazier Grosvenor, who was born May 25. Proud sisters are Kensie and Emmie Kate.
We extend our sympathy to Helen Myatt in the loss of her husband, John Myatt who passed away Sunday. Funeral services were held yesterday at Taylor Funeral Home.
We extend our sympathy to Martha Hudson in the loss of her sister, Dorothy Jean Grove, who passed away Monday. Funeral services were held Friday at Dickson Funeral Home.
We extend our sympathy to Liz Deweese in the loss of her aunt, Sue Perry. Funeral services were held last Wednesday in Clarksville. She was a member of the Hilldale congregation.
Prayers are requested for
- Chase Lewis, who has an appointment Monday morning at the Mayo Clinic in Florida
- Billy England, who has been moved to Alive Hospice in Nashville
- Ruby Williams, who is recovering at home
- Lillie Grigsby, who received good test results
- Jacqueline Taylor, (mother of Betty Ruth Gray, grandmother of Ashley Fussell and BJ Owen) who will go to NHC for rehab
- Jane Daniel, (wife of Charlie Daniel) who is experiencing several health issues
- Joy Curd, (daughter-in-law of Lewis and Janice Curd) who is recovering at home NHC: please see long-term prayer list in the tract racks
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #338, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
Young Men’s Leadership Camp and Young Ladies’ Spiritual Growth Day Camp will begin this Sunday at 4 PM. Reminder that evening meals will be provided by Sunday morning adult Bible classes at 5:45. The meal schedule is as follows:
- Monday, June 5 – George Caudill’s 8 AM class, Room 412
- Tuesday, June 6 – Room 406, Room 410, Room 103
- Wednesday, June 7 – Loft class, Chapel class, Room 408, Room 104
Bible Bowl preparation is about to begin for 2017! Interested in participating in Bible Bowl or volunteering to help with Bible Bowl? Sign-up sheets, text and CD’s are available at the Information Booth. See Joe Deweese for more information.
The Senior Ministry will enjoy a meal together at the Country and Western in Camden, TN on Thursday, June 15. The bus will leave the church parking lot at 4 PM. Sign up in the Gathering Room.
All men are invited to the Men’s Breakfast, which will be held Saturday, June 10. See this Sunday’s Edifier for additional details.
The church pantry is in need of the following: macaroni and cheese, cornmeal mix, soups and canned chili, rice, green peas, canned chicken, spaghetti sauce.
Our One Word Devotional reading for today is: A Kingdom of Priests (pg.140)
Today’s Birthdays: Dan Erranton, Lisa Cooper, Randy Tidwell
Today’s Anniversaries: Dale & Mavis Ragan (54), Trent & Sara Cunningham, Garry & Phyllis Spicer (50)
Saturday’s Birthdays: Colin Tuck, Mikaela Galloway
Saturday’s Anniversaries: Ken & Kim Cato, Boyd & Janice DeLoach, Jay & Penny Powlas
Sunday’s Birthdays: Lauren Long, Gabriel Jackson, Thomas Harvey, Landree Trotter, Chase Nieuwenhuis
Sunday’s Anniversaries: Will & Julie Hicks, Sherman & Becky Cline