CareLine for Friday, July 8, 2016
We wish to congratulate Andy Overbey, who was baptized Sunday morning.
We wish to congratulate Paige King, who was baptized Sunday evening.
We extend our sympathy to Jan Street in the loss of her step father, Dave Reisland, who passed away this morning.
We extend our sympathy to Cindy Hampton in the loss of her brother, Ronnie Hampton, who passed away Saturday in Florida.
We extend our sympathy to Jackie Farthing and family in the loss of her mother, Peggy Wall. Funeral services were held Wednesday at Taylor Funeral Home.
We extend our sympathy to the family of Bill Leech, (friend of many at Walnut Street). Funeral services were held Tuesday at Spann Funeral Home.
Prayers are requested for:
- Frank Becker, who is in ICU at Horizon Medical Center with heart issues
- Nancy Gordon, who has returned home from the hospital
- Diana Van Dyke, who responded to the invitation and requested prayer Sunday evening
- Sandra Whittinghill, who has returned home from the hospital
- Zach Brewington, (grandson of Lori Teal) who is in basic training at Ft. Sill, OK
- Margie Cochran, who has been placed on Hospice care at NHC
- Johnny & Robbie Oliphant, who are battling several health issues
- Alexandra Lampley, (granddaughter of Neal and Linda Williams) who is on a mission trip to Scotland and Ireland
- Gwen Picquet, (cousin of Lisa Wright) who has bone cancer
- Joanna Goad, (daughter-in-law of Bernice Goad) who is in therapy following a head injury
- Gus Stranch, (great nephew of Charlie Daniel) health concerns
- Sharon Webster, who is recovering at home
Horizon Medical Center Rehab: Richard Wright (room 10)
NHC: please see long-term prayer list
VA Medical Center Murfreesboro: Sean Moore (3400 Lebanon Pike, Building 1, room #328, floor 1B, Murfreesboro, TN 37129)
The 6th-12th grade river trip is this Saturday, July 9 from 8 am to 5 pm. Meet at the church building. Cost is $10.
All ladies are invited to a bridal shower honoring Claire Brown, bride-elect of Cliff Long, on Sunday, July 10 from 1:30-3 PM. Claire is registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target, Belk and Hodges.
Make plans to attend and invite your coworkers – Walnut Street’s next Food for Thought Lunch will be held Tuesday, July 12 at noon. The menu is taco salad. RSVP to the church office today.
The senior ministry is planning an outing to Loretta Lynn’s Ranch and lunch at Loretta’s Kitchen for Friday, July 22. To sign up, and for more details, see the sign-up sheet in the Gathering Room or contact Ray Barger. Deadline to sign up is Wednesday, July 20.
Ladies, mark your calendars for our upcoming Summer Ladies’ Fellowship to be held Friday, July 8 at 6 PM. Sign-up sheet available in the Gathering Room.
The 5th Annual Donna White Memorial Golf Tournament will be held Saturday, July 16 at Montgomery Bell State Park. To register, contact Charles White at 615-668-6277.
Walking Through the Word: 1 Corinthians 3
Today’s Birthdays: None
Today’s Anniversaries: None
Saturday’s Birthdays: Charles DeBerry, Christie Southerland, Anthony Fizer, Adam Vaughn, Nate Poole
Saturday’s Anniversaries: None
Sunday’s Birthdays: Nancy Fielder, Caleb King
Sunday’s Anniversaries: Tommy & Karen Greene
“I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.” 1 Corinthians 3:6-7