We wish to congratulate Alice Poole on the birth of her two grandsons, Miles Richard Ware, (born 11/4) and Grady Lee Orr, (born 12/4). Proud parents are Jackson and Leslie Ware and Andy and Elena Orr.
Prayers are requested for:
- Rob Cude, who received good results from recent scans
- Marie Burkhart, (Pam Baggett’s mother) who is in Skyline Medical Center undergoing tests
- Geraldine Tidwell, who is recovering at home
- Mary Miller, who has moved to Olive Branch Assisted Living (room #207)
- Sue Hayes, who has been placed under hospice care
- Susan Snow, who is recovering from knee surgery
- Camden Johnson, (infant great nephew of Steve & Judy Ragan) doing great and has returned home
- Cassie and Easton Redmund, (cousin of Candice Compton and her newborn son) complications following child birth
- Wayne Clark, (brother-in-law of Neal Williams) who has stage 4 cancer
- Mark Bean, (brother of Peggy Bean) who is undergoing chemo treatments
Select Specialty Hospital: Sean Moore (room 2512)
NHC: Barbara Wellons (room 119A), Janice Hutchinson (daughter of Rudy Barnhill room 116B)
Thanks to everyone for your generous contribution for the Bibles in schools in the Ukraine for the amount of $24,387.50.
The Young Adult Christmas Party will be at the Renaissance Center on Sunday, December 20th, 11:30-1:30. Lunch will be served. Please RSVP by Monday, December 14th.
The CIA Christmas party will be Sunday, December 13 from 1:30 to 3 PM in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring a $5-$7 toy (unwrapped). There will be games and refreshments.
Reminder for those who signed up: the Senior Ministry outing to the Gaslight Theater for the showing of Mr. Jingle’s Christmas Claus will be today at 12 PM. There are 3 free tickets available to this event. Call Kim Long if you are interested. (615-319-8458)
Parents of Walnut Street kindergarten students, please see the announcement below:
Just a reminder about the “Parent/Student Assignment” for this week. Please remind your child to wear his/her “Good News Messenger Hat” as you assist with delivering the “Good News Flyer” they received in class Sunday. Also, remember to take a cell phone photo of the delivery and send that photo to me at email@example.com. In the subject line, type: “Messenger delivery pic”. I want to make a wall display with the pictures and share them for the church bulletin. Thanks parents! Christy Chester
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Romans 14-16
Today’s Birthdays: BJ Garton
Today’s Anniversaries: Mark & Robbin Kinzer
Saturday’s Birthdays: Kerry Hinson, Fara White
Saturday’s Anniversaries: None
Sunday’s Birthdays: Ricky Hardin, Eric Hickerson
Sunday’s Anniversaries: Jody & Shannon Britt
“I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.” Romans 16:17-18