Congratulations to Grant Kruse who was baptized Sunday morning. Grant is the son of Blake and Allison Kruse.
Prayers are requested for:
- Linda Menefee, who is recovering from surgery
- Harrison Waldron, (friend of Sarah Lewis) who remains in critical condition after an ATV accident
- James Ayers, requested prayers
- Mark Bean,( brother of Peggy Bean) who is undergoing chemotherapy
- Larry Dover, who is recovering from back surgery
- Phyllis Spicer, who is recovering from outpatient surgery
- Peggy Roberts, who is undergoing chemotherapy
- Perry Turner, who has returned home from the hospital
- Ona Norman, ( frequent visitor) who is recovering from hip replacement surgery
- Ruby Williams, who is at home recovering from surgery
- Valerie Littleton, who will be having surgery today
- Kelly Duran, who is undergoing chemotherapy
Horizon Medical Center: Jim Greer Southerland (father of Ken Southerland, room 125); Mary Bates (rehab room 5)
NHC: Anita Porter (room 107)
Select Specialty: Sean Moore (room 3514)
St. Thomas Mid-Town: Elaine Yates (room 4610 SICU)
Vanderbilt Medical Hospital: Geraldine Tidwell (room 6205)
Deacons: please make plans to attend the Sunday, August 30 5th Sunday Deacon Meeting at 5 PM in room 412.
The FHU Dickson Associates will meet at Walnut Street on Tuesday, September 1 at 7 PM. New members are welcome.
Ladies are invited to a bridal shower honoring Catherine Petty, bride-elect of Daniel Jones, on Sunday, August 30th, from 1:30 until 3 pm in the Gathering Room. She is registered at Bed Bath and Beyond, Macy’s, World Market and Hodge’s Jewelers. Catherine is the daughter of Peggy Bloechl.
CPR training will be held for anyone 16 years and older at the building on Saturday, September 19, at 10 am. Please call the church office if interested.
The next College Age/Young Adult Devo will be after evening service on Sunday, September 6th, at the home of Gary and Robin Brunett.
Golfers, make plans to participate in the annual Golf Fore a CURE event on FRIDAY, September 18. Look for more information in this week’s bulletin.
“Pals”are needed for the College secret pal program. You can sign up at the information booth.
The next DOTS outing will be at the Plantation Restaurant (next to Walmart) Thursday, Sept 10 at 6:00 PM. Sign up by Wed. Sept.10 in the Gathering Room.
Going Deeper Bible reading for today: Ezekiel 5-8
Today’s Birthdays: Judy Ragan, Phil Turbeville, Teresa Edwards, Joseph Wooten
Today’s Anniversaries: Tommy & Anita Fuson
Saturday’s Birthdays: Ken Kerns, Eula Batey, Jimmy Cagle
Saturday Anniversaries: Bill & Tina Littleton
Sunday’s Birthdays: Harriet Shannon, Melba Kimbro, Brad Stokes, Andrew Pippin
Sunday’s Anniversaries: Daniel & Rachel Forrest, Brad & Beth Smiley
“The king mourns, the prince is wrapped in despair, and the hands of the people of the land are paralyzed by terror. According to their way I will do to them, and according to their judgments I will judge them, and they shall know that I am the Lord.” Ezekiel 7:27